Harold Gaines ensures that Argonne researchers have the tools they need to change the world.
Jennifer Salazar has combined her passions for science and communication at Argonne.
Michael Burke is among those at Argonne who are making connections between science and engineering.
Ann Schlenker is a leading figure in the effort to save you money at the pump.
Whether working in nuclear safety or assisting a stranger in need of CPR, Jermery Jenkins has got it covered.
The world’s best and brightest minds come to Argonne National Laboratory to make scientific discoveries and technological innovations that improve the quality of life throughout the nation and the world. Argonne’s scientists and engineers are dedicated to solving society’s most pressing problems in sustainable energy, a clean environment, economic competitiveness and national security.
- Full- and part-time job openings at Argonne are searchable online. Each position description includes instructions for applying.
- The Argonne Named Postdoctoral Fellowship – These postdoctoral fellowships are awarded internationally to outstanding doctoral scientists and engineers who are at early points in promising careers.
- Postdoctoral/Predoctoral Openings – Postdoctoral/Predoctoral positions that are available within different divisions throughout the Laboratory.
- Student and Faculty Programs – Opportunities for domestic and international participants interested in energy research and training in science and technology.
Lab at a Glance (FY12)
Budget: $794 million
- 3,456 total employees (FTEs)
- 1250 scientists and engineers
- 303 postdoctoral scholars
- 650 graduate and undergrad students
- 157 joint faculty
- 5,204 facility users
- 14 research divisions
- 6 national scientific user facilities
- 14 centers, joint institutes, program offices
- Over 200 research projects
- Collaborate with over 600 companies, numerous federal agencies, and hundreds of research institutions worldwide
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Argonne National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, national origin , marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or veteran's status. Argonne is committed to carrying out and complying with all of its EEO and affirmative action obligations under applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
For individuals with disabilities
Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, please contact us at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 630-252-2527
Only emails and calls regarding requests for disability accommodations will be returned. We will work with you to reasonably provide an alternative way to submit your application.