Conferences for Undergraduate Women in Physics accepting applicationsOctober 1, 2013
The University of Chicago, Argonne National Laboratory and Fermi National Laboratory will be hosting one of the American Physical Society’s eight Conferences for Undergraduate Women in Physics from January 17 to 19, 2014.
The conferences are aimed at providing female undergraduate students with information and resources to support them as they pursue a career in physics.
The conferences will be held at:
- Florida State University
- Louisiana State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Stony Brook University/Brookhaven National Laboratory
- University of California Berkeley
- University of Chicago/Argonne National Laboratory/Fermi National Laboratory
- University of Maryland/National Institutes of Standards and Technology
- University of Utah
Each of the eight conferences will include talks by women physicists, student poster sessions, and workshops and panel discussions and opportunities for professional networking and informal mentoring. Topics of discussions will include summer research, graduate school, physics careers and professional development.
Application information is available online. The deadline for applications is November 1, 2013.