Argonne offers special fellowships to be awarded internationally to outstanding doctoral scientists and engineers who are at early points in promising careers:
- Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship: Awarded annually in March; application process opens in December of the previous year
- Enrico Fermi Fellowship: Awarded annually in October; application process opens in August
Candidates for the fellowships must display superb ability in scientific or engineering research and must show definite promise of becoming outstanding leaders in the research they pursue.
Fellows work closely with an Argonne sponsor to pursue their research interests. Fellows are hired as an Argonne Scholar with full benefits, a highly competitive salary and a stipend for research support. Fellows may renew their appointments on an annual basis for up to 3 years, with the possibility of retention.
We are currently accepting applicants for the Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship.
Deadline is March 7, 2017.
How to apply
To apply for this Argonne Fellowship:
- Read the instructions for fellowship applicants.
- Complete your application by applying to Requisition 401949: Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship
Your application must include:
- Research proposal (≤ 2 pages). See the detailed application instructions for proposal requirements.
- Abstract (~200 words) describing the proposed work to scientists outside your immediate discipline. The abstract must be included with the proposal and will not count against the 2-page limit.
- CV, including list of publications, abstracts and significant presentations
- Graduate school transcripts
- Cover letter
Questions can be sent to email@example.com.