Beginning January 2017, Medicare-eligible retirees age 65 or older and their Medicare eligible dependents age 65 or older will purchase individual health insurance (i.e., medical, prescription drug and dental) through a private health exchange managed by Aon Hewitt. A health reimbursement account (HRA) will be established to help you pay for the coverage you select in the Aon Retiree Health Exchange. The amount Argonne contributes will be reviewed and established on a calendar year basis.
There will be no longer medical, prescription drug, and dental coverage through Argonne's group plan.
This change will result in the following benefits:
- Greater choice
- Potential equal or better coverage at a lower cost
- Argonne HRA contribution
- Flexibility to choose the individual coverage that fits your needs.
Dependents of post-65 retirees will remain under a PPO plan.
Pre-65 retirees and dependents are not affected by this change.
PPO, Comprehensive and Pre-1979 Plan
- PPO Group #255689 — Retirees under age 65
- Comprehensive Group # 255690 — Retirees over age 65 (This plan will be terminated 12/31/2016.)
- Pre-79 Group # 255691 — Retired prior to July 1979
- BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois claim form or International claim form
- BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois PPO Doctors
- Optum RX (Prescription Drugs)
- BlueAdvantage HMO Group #B04023 — Retirees under age 65
- BlueAdvantage HMO Providers
- BlueAdvantage HMO Customer Service: 800-892-2803
- Delta Dental of Illinois — Group # 20084
Claim form »
- Delta Dental of Illinois Dentists
*Choose either Delta Dental Premier or PPO
Long-Term Care Insurance
- Aetna: 1-800-537-8521
- Prudential: 1-800-732-0416
Argonne Benefits Department
For retirees with the last name beginning with A-L, contact (630) 252-2985.
For retirees with the last name beginning with M-Z, contact (630) 252-2986.
Retiree Health Exchange
Aon Hewitt Retiree Health Exchange Service Center
1-844-689-7831 (TTY use 711 Relay)
Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central Time.
Update Your Contact Information
Please keep your contact information current. We may need periodic contact with former Argonne employees (e.g., distributing royalty checks). Please email your most up-to-date email and US Postal Service addresses to HR_Records@anl.gov.