Information for New Employees
Welcome to Argonne National Laboratory! We are pleased that you are joining us.
On your first day of employment:
- Stop at the Argonne Information Center (Bldg. 224) near the main entrance on Cass Avenue to pick up your gate pass.
- If you are scheduled for the New Employee Orientation Program, report to Bldg. 201, Room 190, by 8:30 a.m. Please have your completed employment forms (see below) ready to be collected and reviewed by Human Resources.
If you have not been scheduled for the orientation program, you will be scheduled at the time you submit your completed forms.
All new employees are required to attend the orientation. It is designed to familiarize you with the Laboratory's mission and its culture along with its safety and security policies and guidelines. The program consists of presentations that will highlight this information.
You will also be informed about your Laboratory access badge during orientation.
- If you are eligible to participate in our Employee Benefits Program, you will receive information regarding benefit choices and enrollment procedures.
If you are visually or hearing impaired, if you have difficulty understanding or reading English and will need special assistance to complete the forms before your orientation, or if you will need special accommodations on the day of orientation, please call (630) 252-2527 or (630) 252-2970.
If your primary work location is the Argonne campus (9700 S. Cass Ave., Lemont, IL 60439), please print the appropriate forms, complete them, and bring them to Human Resources on your first day of employment. Do not mail the forms. (See complete instructions.)
If you have not been scheduled for the orientation program, please report to Human Resources with your completed forms on your first day of employment.
If your primary work location is other than the Argonne campus, please print the appropriate forms, complete them, and mail them to Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Argonne National Laboratory, 9700 South Cass Avenue, Lemont, IL 60439-4872. (See complete instructions)
If you are unable to print the forms, please contact Human Resources at (630) 252-2527 or (630) 252-2970.
Additional forms and information will be included with your offer letter.
- Employment Application/Verification Form (ANL-3)
- Computer User Agreement (ANL-714)
- Employee Eligibility Verification (Form I-9 - complete Section 1 only)
- Federal Withholding Allowance Certificate (Form W-4)
- Illinois Withholding Allowance Certificate (Form IL-W-4) OR
Tax Withholding Certificate for State of Residency
- Hire Referral Form (ANL-842)
- Invitation to Self-Identify (ANL-844)
- Authorization Agreement for Direct Deposit (ACT-227)
Non-U.S. Citizens Who Hold Temporary Visas
- Alien Determination of Residency Form (ANL-675)
(required for J-1, F-1, and TN visa holders only)
- Social Security Administration Application for Social Security Card (SS-5)
(only if you do not already have a Social Security card)
Offsite Employees Only
- Please refer to the instructions for offsite employees for details.
- Offsite Employment Orientation Checklist Return Form (ANL-878)
- Environment, Safety, and Health Orientation (ESH-100)
- Cyber Security Education Awareness (ESH-223)