H. Christopher Fry
- PhD, Johns Hopkins University, Advisor: Kenneth Karlin (2005)
- Post-Doc, University of Pennsylvania, Advisors: Michael Therien and Bill DeGrado (2005 - 2008)
- Post-Doc, Northwestern University, Advisor: Samuel Stupp (2008 - 2009)
Functional Supramolecular Bioinorganic Materials
- Synthesis of novel macrocyclic molecules as cofactors for de novo designed proteins and non-natural molecules with enhanced and novel functions in a biomolecular framework.
- Design of peptides and synthetic molecules with novel functions that when coupled to a nanoparticle surface offer novel functionality useful in energy transduction.
- De novo design and synthesis of peptides (e.g., coiled coil peptides) and proteins encapsulating non-native electro-optic chromophores.
- Self-assembly of organic molecules for applications in photovoltaics.