Argonne Site Environmental Reports
Since 1972, Argonne's has monitored the environment of its Illinois site and each year issued public reports on its findings.
The latest reports are available here in pdf format. Please note that these files are large and make take some time to download.
An archive of reports since 1972 is also available on request.
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (2015): This document identifies potential sources of storm water pollution at Argonne, describes how storm water is managed around the site; and describes storm water control measures that are used to reduce or eliminate pollutants in storm water discharges from the Argonne site.
- Site Environmental Report (2014): This document is Argonne's most recent annual report on environmental monitoring and clean-up activities.
- Site Environmental Report (2013): This document is Argonne's 2013 annual report on environmental monitoring and clean-up activities.
- Summary Site Environmental Report (2013): This document summarizes in plain English the 2013 results of Argonne's ongoing site environmental monitoring and surveillance program.
- Surveillance of Site A and Plot M (2013):This document is an official annual report of environmental surveillance of Site A and Plot M at Red Gate Woods in the Cook County Forest Preserve. A number of small research reactors, including the world's first nuclear reactor, operated on this site from 1943 to the mid-1950s.