Cooperative Education Position Available
The Information Solutions (IS) group of the Advanced Photon Source Engineering Support Division at Argonne National Laboratory is looking for a part-time Computer Science Co-op student to assist Software Engineer (IT staff) in the following activities:
- Design and develop oracle database models, stored procedures, plsql packages
- Design and code web applications with oracle database back-end
- Maintain and query data from oracle database
- Fix bugs and enhance the enterprise applications
- Good knowledge and some experience of OO programming with Java and PHP, and other computer languages such as Python, Linux scripts, SQL, etc.
- Good knowledge of enterprise application MVC frameworks, such as Spring, JavaServer Faces, ZEND framework
- Good knowledge in data structure and relational database
- Good trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Fast learner for new technologies
- Basic knowledge of networking, operating system and hardware
Appointment Type Information
Co-op students are preferred to commit at least one year of work which includes 19 hours per week while classes are in session, and full-time during summer and academic breaks, with some adjustments for final exams or major academic project work.
How to Apply
Please send resume and two letters of reference to:
For questions or information on the Co-op program contact:
Lisa Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 18 years or older at the time the appointment begins;
- Cumulative minimum grade point average of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation emailed to email@example.com;
- Co-op verification form emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Satisfactory background check; and
- Pass a screening drug test which Argonne pays for.
Please note: Use of marijuana/cannabis or its derivatives if prescribed is legal in some states in the United States and is legally used recreationally in some other countries. Having these drugs in your system is NOT legal at United States Federal Contractor sites such as Argonne National Laboratory.