Ready Set Race! Chicago Electric Car Competition
16 middle school teams from the City of Chicago compete for the title of fastest car in the Chicago Electric Car Competition. Cars are judged on speed by competing in multiple heats with the best time advancing to the final heat. Cars are also evaluated on their overall creative design.
This competition is generously hosted at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, Illinois. Through this partnership, teams get access to the largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere and get to interact with Argonne engineers and scientists.
To learn more about the competition, materials and rules, download the official 2018 handbook.
- School MUST be located in the City of Chicago
- Teams must be comprised of 3-5 middle school (6th-8th grade) students from the same school
- Coach must be a teacher or administrator of the school
- Only one team per school allowed to compete
- Teams selected on first come first serve basis
Registration is now CLOSED for the 2018 competition. Check back in the fall for next years competition.