Summer Coding Camp
Applications for the 2018 camp are now available by clicking the link at the bottom of the page. Please read all requirements prior to applying.
At Argonne's summer coding camp, high school students have a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn how to code from some the best and brightest computer scientists in the nation. In this free five-day enrichment experience, students learn Python, connect with Argonne scientists and program a robot via a Raspberry Pi.
Through the course of this program, participants can expect to:
- enhance their problem-solving and teamwork skills
- test their programming skills in a collaborative environment
- gain experience in the tools and approaches used by modern computational scientists
- explore career pathways available in STEM fields
- interact with Argonne staff at the forefront of high performance computing and visualization
July 16-20, 2018
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Argonne Learning Center 9700 S. Cass Avenue Lemont, IL 60439
Our summer camp is aimed at rising high school sophomores and juniors, who have little or no experience in programming. Participating students must be available to attend all five days of the camp. Attendees are responsible for covering travel to and from Argonne.
Registration is limited to 30 students. Students must submit an application. Acceptances with additional information about the camp will be sent to selected applicants in the first week of June. All other applicants will be placed on a wait list and additional invitations will be sent out to these students on a rolling basis.
To participate in the summer coding camp, participants must:
- be a rising high school sophomore or junior
- be available to participate in the full five-day program
- have transportation to and from Argonne National Laboratory