Summer Coding Camp
At Argonne's summer coding camp, high school students have a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn how to code from some the best and brightest computer scientists in the nation. In this free five-day enrichment experience, students learn Python, connect with Argonne computer scientists and program a robot via a Raspberry Pi.
Through the course of this program, participants can expect to:
- enhance their problem-solving and teamwork skills through our hands-on activities
- test their programming skills in a collaborative environment
- explore career pathways available in computer science
- interact with Argonne staff at the forefront of high performance computing and visualization
July 24-28, 2017
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Argonne Learning Center 9700 S. Cass Avenue Lemont, IL 60439
Our summer camp is aimed at high school students, 16 years of age or older, who have little or no experience in programming. Participating students must be available to attend all five days of the camp. Attendees are responsible for covering travel to and from Argonne.
Registration is limited to 30 students. Students must submit an application by April 30, 2017. Acceptances with additional information about the camp will be sent to selected applicants in May.
To participate in the summer coding camp, participants must:
- be high school students
- be 16 years of age or older
- be available to participate in the full five-day program
- have transportation to and from Argonne National Laboratory
April 30, 2017