Advance your cybersecurity career at Argonne National Laboratory by working with Argonne's Cyber Operations, Analysis, and Research (COAR) team. The COAR team is part of a vibrant, interdisciplinary community of researchers within Argonne's Global Security Sciences (GSS) Division. The GSS Divison works to find solutions to protect, mitigate, respond to, and recover from a wide spectrum of national and gobal security threats, including cyber threats.
The mission of the COAR team is to drive cybersecurity initiatives and provide subject matter experts, operations, and research support for the implementation of advanced cybersecurity solutions. Core activities, which focus on the intersection of cyber and physicals risks, include:
- Providing Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) support for many goverment certification and accreditation systems;
- Supporting operational cybersecurity needs of the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002;
- Contributing subject matter expertise to a variety of programs both inside the laboratory and across other organizations;
- Performing field assessments on cyber infrastructure across the nation.
- A chance to grow your career in cybersecurity through mentoring and leadership development
- A chance to advance your skills and professional expertise with an ever-changing list of products and an always-evolving list of sponsors
Our summer positions are now filled. Check back in August for details on future internship opportunities.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident at the time of applying
- Be currently enrolled as a undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited institution
- Be working towards a degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- Have an undergraduate cumulative minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Pass a drug test
The Cyber Operations, Analysis, and Research (COAR) section is a dedicated cybersecurity team within Argonne’s Risk and Infrastructure Science Center. Their mission encompasses cyber intelligence, cyber physical, and cyber resilience across three main areas of operations, analysis, and research.