Web-Based Virtual Private Network (WebVPN)
WebVPN is a browser-based access to internal Laboratory web pages and applications. All employees with active ANL domain accounts have the ability to use the WebVPN. It does not require any additional authorization and does not require software to be installed on your computer. This is the preferred service if your access needs are limited to web pages and web applications.
After you have established a VPN connection, you can access Inside Argonne and various business applications.
However, WebVPN does not support instant messaging and certain other programs. If you wish to use these services, you will need to install the VPN client.
- Ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet
- Open up your web browser.
- Go to vpn.anl.gov
- Enter your Argonne username and password in the login box.
- Select WEBVPN as the group (it is the default selection).
- Click on Log in
- You will be warned that you are connecting to a restricted government resource; click Continue to proceed.
- You will be brought to the main Argonne VPN page. From here you may access any internal network resources available to you. You must return to this page to log out.
There are two ways of disconnecting from WebVPN.
- Click on the X in the upper right corner of the dialogue box that opened when you logged in. Press OK to continue. Close your browser.
- In the upper righthand corner of the VPN home page, click on Logout. Close your browser.