Argonne National Laboratory is home to some of the nation’s most powerful and sophisticated research facilities. As a U.S. Department of Energy national laboratory, Argonne offers access to the facilities listed below through a variety of arrangements.
- Advanced Powertrain Research Facility
- Materials Engineering Research Facility
- Distributed Energy Research Center
- Engine Research Facility
- Heat Transfer Laboratory
- Tribology Laboratory
- Transportation Beamline at the Advanced Photon Source
- EV-Smart Grid Interoperability Center
Research conducted by the Energy Systems division also makes use of the following facilities at Argonne National Laboratory.
- Transportation Research and Analysis Computing Center
- Advanced Leadership Computing Facility
- Battery Post-Test Facility
- Electron Microscopy Center
- Center for Nanoscale Materials
- Joint Center for Energy Storage Research
In addition, Argonne provides many ways for researchers from academia, industry and other government laboratories to work with our staff and gain access to our facilities for collaborative or proprietary research. Find out more about working with Argonne.