Dr. Kanthasamy Chelliah is a postdoctoral appointee at Argonne National Laboratory. He is working on SonicLQ project which uses sound waved to locate and quantify building leakages since 2016. He received his Ph.D. in mechanical and aerospace engineering from Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago, IL. He was also working as a research assistant at the fluid dynamics research center of IIT dealing with the software and hardware development for acoustic source localization techniques such as acoustic holography and beamforming since 2011. He received his master degree in mechanical engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India. His masters thesis dealt with the effect of vibrations on the characteristics of reacting flows. He graduated with his undergraduate degree in aerospace engineering from Anna University, Chennai, India in 2008. He is currently a member of the Acoustical Society of America. He has published six papers in peer reviewed journals and 15 papers in the proceedings of various international conferences.
1. Kanthasamy Chelliah, Ganesh Raman, and Ralph T Muehleisen, An experimental comparison of various nearfield acoustic holography algorithms, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 403, 2017, pp. 21-37.
2. Kanthasamy Chelliah, Ganesh Raman, and Ralph T Muehleisen, Enhanced nearfield acoustic holography technique using fixed parameter Tikhonov regularization, the Journal of Acoustical Society of America, 140(1), 2016, pp. 114-120.
3. Kanthasamy Chelliah, Ganesh Raman, Matthew R. Aldeman, and Hirenkumar J. Patel, Demonstration of the possibilities of using a phased microphone array as the next-generation airport noise monitoring system, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2600 (2016): pp. 20-26.
4. Kanthasamy Chelliah, Vasudevan Raghavan, and K. Srinivasan, Effect of low frequency burner vibrations on the characteristics of jet diffusion flames, International Journal of Spray and Combustion Dynamics, 4(1), 2012, pp. 77-96.
5. Kanthasamy Chelliah, Vasudevan Raghavan, and K. Srinivasan, Effect of low frequency burner vibrations on the characteristics of premixed flames, International Journal of Spray and Combustion Dynamics, 4(3), 2012, pp. 239-254.
6. Ganesh Raman, Praveen Panickar, and Kanthasamy Chelliah, Aeroacoustics of twin supersonic jets: a review, International Journal of Aeroacoustics, Vol. 11, No. 7, 2012, pp. 957-984.