Argonne OutLoud: Energy Slam
Four researchers. Four energy sources. One winner.
Argonne OutLoud presents the first-ever "Energy Slam" Thu., April 3, 2014, at the APS 402 Aud.
The event is free, but registration is required »
Special Guest Emcee
Niala Boodhoo, host of WBEZ Radio Chicago's Afternoon Shift, will serve as guest emcee for Argonne's "Energy Slam."
- Reception: 6:30 - 7 p.m.
- Presentations, Voting, Q&A: 7-8 p.m.
Four Argonne researchers will present for 10 minutes each on a different energy source – solar, wind, nuclear and biofuels. At the end of the presentations, the audience will vote via applause on which of the four made the best case for his/her energy source and earned the title of Energy Slam Champion.
- Solar: Seth Darling, nanoscientist who focuses on solar energy conversion
- Wind: Guenter Conzelmann, head of Argonne's Wind Power Technologies and Analysis Program
- Nuclear: J’Tia Taylor, nuclear engineer
- Biofuels: Jennifer Dunn, head of Argonne’s Biofuel Life Cycle Analysis Team
The event will take place at the Advanced Photon Source Auditorium, Building 402 at Argonne and will include light refreshments and a reception preceding the lecture.
The Energy Slam is free, but registration is required.
Can't attend in person? The event will be broadcast live on Argonne's live stream channel.
Participate in a live Twitter chat and submit questions that might get answered during the event by using the hashtag #energyslam.