Basics of Proposal Preparation
This one-hour presentation followed by a Q&A session,will cover activities to be undertaken before, during and after proposal writing.
Pre-proposal writing activities discussed will include
- Developing an understanding of sponsor needs and wants
- Reviewing and analyzing the solicitation to extract information about proposal contents and format
- Structuring the proposal to meet the needs of the reviewer
- Understanding the review process.
Writing activities covered will include
- Planning, structuring and producing the proposal document
- Reviewing and editing the proposal
- The mechanics of proposal submission
In addition to the above topics, we will discuss the importance of following up with sponsors after the proposal has been submitted and selection results have been announced, as well as the planning, editing and graphics support for proposal writers that is available at Argonne.