From Farm to Flight: Can Biofuels Green Aviation?
In this Educational Programs workshop, teachers will explore:
- The problem: Can Biofuels Green Aviation?
- Evidence and causes of global warming
- Current status of energy use, specifically the transportation industry
- Carbon cycle and effects of human activities on the carbon cycle
- Chemistry of hydrocarbons and combustion reactions
- Current biofuels and engine research being done at Argonne and across other industries
- GREET modeling environment
Teachers will receive 30 CPDU upon completion of the PD. CPS Schools and teachers are sponsored by United Airlines. Schools outside CPS are encouraged to participate at a fee of $75. Curriculum, meals and implementation materials are included.