Intellectual Property Symposium
Admission is free but registration is required. RSVP by Sunday, March 24, 2013, to Tracey Gallegos at email@example.com or ext. 2-4033.
- Eric D. Isaacs, Argonne National Laboratory, Director
Inventor: "I Have an Invention — What Do I Do Next?"
9:20 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Moderator: Mark Langguth, LEG, Senior Intellectual Property Attorney
- Mark Hilliard, LEG, Chief Patent Counsel
- Yash Vaishnav, TDC, Business Development Executive
- Brian Lally, DOE-IP, Office of Chief Counsel
This panel, consisting of TDC and DOE intellectual property experts and Argonne Legal patent counsel, features a question-and-answer discussion on the steps associated with the disclosing, electing, reporting and filing of an invention.
Inventor: "A Company is Interested in My Invention — What Do I Do Next?"
10:05 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
- Moderator: Connie Cleary, TDC, Interim Manager of Industry Partnership Development
- Bradley Ullrick, LEG, Senior Intellectual Property Attorney
- Aaron Sauers, TDC, Business Development Associate
Ada Nielsen, PeregrineMaven Group, Managing Director
formerly BP America, Director, Intellectual Asset Strategy and Management
This panel will discuss the steps typically associated with the commercialization process and will also consist of Q & A's. The panel will consist of intellectual property legal experts as well as other subject matter masters featuring the steps associated with the commercialization process with heavy emphasis through the eyes of an inventor.
10:50 a.m. - 11:05 a.m.
Industry's Approach to Research: Making a Funding Decision
11:10 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
- Moderator: Peter Donnelly, TDC, Deputy Director
- Dan Schabacker, ES, Bio-Detection Technologies Team Leader
- Neal Nowicki, Chief Technology Officer of startup Glyce and TDC STA
- Chander Balakrishnan, Director, Process Development, Elevance Renewable Sciences
This panel discusses "What drives the question to be addressed? What defines success?"
11:55 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Moderator: Deborah Clayton, TDC, Division Director
- John Hyzer, HR, Assistant Division Director
- John Carlisle, ADT, founder; formerly MSD
- Richard Brotzman, ES, Principal Nanotechnology Development Engineer
This panel will explore how industry considers research planning and results from the view point of companies with discussions on the new entrepreneurial leave program.