Nonproliferation for High Risk Property and Export Controlled Technology Workshop
This course features 24 in-class hours at the introductory level. There are no requirements, prerequisites or fees to attend this workshop.
This course provides a basic understanding of the U.S. nonproliferation policy and applicable statutes, directives, guidelines and procedures for handling proliferation-sensitive equipment, materials and technology. Training will include a detailed review of controlled equipment, including hands-on exercises. The class will also take a comprehensive look at reviewing for export controlled information/technology, including class exercises and discussion.
The course is designed for DOE and DOE-contractor personnel whose responsibilities include handling and disposition of proliferation- sensitive equipment, materials and technology. This would include personnel involved in property management, procurement, excess and sales, materials management, shipping and receiving, technical information, export-control and classification, among others.
Upon successful completion of this training, attendees will have reviewed:
- The history of U.S. nonproliferation policy
- Statutory requirements, regulatory basis and guidelines
- High-risk property
- Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) Trigger List
- NSG Dual-Use List
- U.S. Munitions List items
- Chemical and Biological (Chem/Bio) Commodities – Australian Group
- Missile Commodities – Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR)
- Export Controlled Technologies
- Fundamental Research and Publicly Available Information
- DOE Controlled Technologies
- Technology and Foreign Visitors/Assignees
- How to Conduct an ECI Review
A High Risk Property and Export Controlled Information Certificate will be granted upon completion of the workshop.
To attend this workshop participants must register.
Registration closes Friday, July 20 and is limited to 40 participants.
Register by sending an e-mail to Krystee Conaway (ORNL) at email@example.com.
Include the following information:
- Job Title
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
Contact Krystee Conaway at (865) 574-7920 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.