Postdoctoral Society of Argonne
The postdoc experience can be one of the most rewarding times in an academic or research career. The PSA is a volunteer organization of postdocs who work closely with the postdoctoral office to support Argonne postdocs in their endeavors. From social support like welcoming new postdocs to the Laboratory, to publishing a survival guide and organizing job fairs and seminars, we are here to help.
The purpose of the Postdoctoral Society of Argonne (PSA) is to enhance the individual postdoctoral educational experience at Argonne National Laboratory. Argonne will benefit from the society since the engagement of individual postdocs will prepare them better for future accomplishments. The PSA will accomplish this mission through:
- Introduction to the Laboratory
- A peer society and support group, especially for newcomers
- Enhanced interdisciplinary collaborations through communication among postdocs from all divisions
- Enhanced postdoc safety through education and awareness
- Assisting in implementing a mentoring program for all postdocs
- Promoting networking within ANL and other institutions
- Promoting career development via seminars series and career fairs.
Find out who we are, when we meet, and how can you help. Better yet, become a member. Just email us and say, “I want to join the PSA, too.”
We want to know what you think! Send any and all questions, comments (good and bad), suggestions, feedback, ideas, thoughts, musings (limited to PSA and postdoc-related matter, please) to Kristene (Tina) Henne. Your opinions are important to us.