Game-changing scientific discovery is required for the development of sensors, detectors and other technological advancements used to protect and defend our country.
At Argonne, our highly collaborative community of scientists and engineers discover and develop critical security and defense technologies to prevent and mitigate events with the potential for mass disruption or destruction, thereby protecting our citizens and our national interests.
Our goal is to make America a safer place through innovations in threat decision science, sensors and materials, infrastructure assurance, emergency response, and the nonproliferation and forensics of radiological and nuclear materials and equipment.
- Analytical Chemistry Laboratory
- Emergency Preparedness
- Highly Enriched Uranium Transparency Program
- Infrastructure Assurance
- Munitions Demilitarization, Maintenance, and Supply Sources
- Nanoscale Engineering
- National and Homeland Security
- National Security Initiative
- National Security & Nonproliferation Program
- Nuclear Forensics
- Policy Analysis
- Social Dynamics