At Argonne, our unique mix of scientists, engineers and facilities pursues critical security and defense technologies to prevent and mitigate events with the potential for mass disruption or destruction—thereby protecting our citizens as well as national interests.
Our goal is to make America a safer place through innovations in threat decision science, sensors and materials, infrastructure assurance, emergency response, and the nonproliferation and forensics of radiological and nuclear materials and equipment.
- Analytical Chemistry Laboratory
- Emergency Preparedness
- Highly Enriched Uranium Transparency Program
- Infrastructure Assurance
- Munitions Demilitarization, Maintenance, and Supply Sources
- Nanoscale Engineering
- National and Homeland Security
- National Security Initiative
- National Security & Nonproliferation Program
- Nuclear Forensics
- Policy Analysis
- Social Dynamics