Smart Grid EV Communication (SpEC) Module
Argonne National Laboratory has designed an SAE DC communication controller that enables adding 60–80 miles of range to an electric vehicle (EV) in less than 20 minutes.
- Enables standards based interoperable SAE Combined Charging System (CCS) DC charging
- Provides faster recharge rates
- Can add 60-80 miles of range in <20 minutes
- Makes electric vehicles more convenient and reliable
- Can be used to achieve smart grid communication
- Can be used as a PEV or EVSE emulator to aid in testing and protocol development