BatPRO: Battery Manufacturing Cost Estimation
BatPRO is the user-friendly, Windows-based version of BatPaC, a software modeling tool designed for policymakers and researchers who are interested in estimating the cost of lithium-ion batteries after they have reached a mature state of development and are being manufactured in high volumes. BatPRO captures the interplay between the design and cost of these batteries for transportation applications.
BatPRO comes with a standard library of five lithium battery types and default inputs for all the parameters specified in different manufacturing areas of a factory.
- Estimate the cost of manufacturing lithium-ion batteries
- Examine trade-offs that result from different user requirements such as power and energy
- Simulate and design: precise battery mass and dimensions, cost performance characteristics, and battery pack values from bench-scale results
- Calculate battery pack-level quantities by adding together all the battery components that are designed to meet user-defined specifications
- Determine the performance of a given battery chemistry/cell design in four electric vehicle applications
- Graphical user interface has pulldown menus to develop a simulation
- Includes extensive help section, and schematic drawings that illustrate different battery designs and factory layouts
- All input variables can changed
- Microsoft Windows-based application