Open Source Software
Argonne’s open-source software covers a variety of applications including simulation, modeling, computation, transportation, physics, radiation, genetics, and more.
Open-source software is FREE and available directly from Argonne unless otherwise noted.
- SEED is a genome annotation and analysis tool provided by the Fellowship for Interpretation of Genomes
- EPICS is an experimental physics and Industrial Control System
- Access Grid enables users to experience rich collaborations including people, data, and grid computing resources
- Globus Toolkit is a software tool that makes it easier to build computational grids and grid-based applications
Modeling and Simulation
- REPAST is a family of advanced agent-based modeling and simulation platforms
- RESRAD provides radioactive dose assessment and guidelines for site clean-up
Programming and Computation
- MPICH provides a high-performance, portability, and convenient programming environment
- SCAVENGER is a real-time vulnerability management tool
- TomoPy is a framework for the analysis of synchrotron tomography data.
- GREET provides vehicle/fuel system well-to-wheels analysis
- VISION helps determine the impact of highway vehicle technologies and fuels on energy use and carbon emissions