Industrial & Manufacturing Processes
As the world increasingly demands technological goods, companies are strained to optimize their manufacturing processes and manage waste and materials recycling. As part of Argonne’s mission to contribute to a sustainable world, our scientists are creating next-generation catalysts, processes, coatings and technologies that will advance industrial development and output without compromising energy use and the environment.
Argonne works with existing and start-up businesses to license our technologies and to develop, analyze, and test new technologies. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explore how you and Argonne can work together.
- Facilitates the analysis of trace impurities in high-pressure hydrogen streams
- Replaces costly analytical equipment with inexpensive, easy-to-operate, portable sensor devices
- New nanophase thin film materials with properties tailored to specifically meet the needs of industry
- New software simulates ALD over multiple length scale, saving industry time and money developing specialized tools
- A one-step, solvent-free reaction for producing unique electrode materials that do not need further chemical processing treatment
- Offers the ability to smooth current distribution at the anode surface when charging Li-ion batteries, thereby reducing the risk of lithium dendrites, short circuits and resulting fire
- An environmentally-friendly, solvent-less process to convert plastics into carbon nanotubes
- Process is affordable and scalable
- Process creates higher-performing and more reliable embedded circuit boards
- Can be used to prepare ceramic materials consisting of various compounds including lead, magnesium, barium, zirconium, titanium and other elements
- Creates high-performing hybrid solar cells through ultraviolet polymerization of a polymer precursor
- Cost effective, simple method
- A multi-component tunable resistive coating and methods of depositing the coating on the surfaces of a microchannel plate (MCP) detector
- Utilizing the methods of the present invention, it is predicated that MCP detector fabrication cost may be reduced by more than a factor of 10 over conventional processes
- Method creates stable, platinum multi-metallic catalysts that exhibit an advantageous electronic structure with enhanced catalytic properties
- Offers greater stability and is cost-effective
- NbTi-superconductor-based SCU could pave the way to expanding the X-ray energy range at existing light sources without increasing the electron beam energy.
- Tunable inorganic features can be selectively formed on the microdomain to form a hybrid organic/inorganic composite material of the metal precursor and a co-reactant.
- The organic component may be optionally removed to obtain inorganic features with patterned nanostructures defined by the configuration of the microdomain.
Precise Application of Transparent Conductive Oxide Coatings for Flat Panel Displays and Photovoltaic Cells
- Provides uniform coating of complex, 3D nanostructures such as electrodes for next-generation PV cells
- Improved coating precision uses less material and reduces cost
- Uses high-tech sensors paired with redundant, self-healing communications software platforms that can work even in the most challenging conditions
- The modified resist material is characterized by an improved resistance to a plasma etching or related process relative to the unmodified resist material.
- Allowing formation of patterned features into a substrate material, which may be high-aspect ratio features.
- Provides processes for preparing lower-cost, high-throughput multiple patterning photolithography
- Utilizes alternating exposures to gas phase precursors that infiltrate the organic or partially organic resist material to form a protective component within the resist layer, modifying the standard multiple-patterning lithography techniques to reduce the number of steps and/or decrease the cost and time that these techniques presently require
- Adhesives and tackifiers for a variety of industries
- Aqueous (water-based) manufacturing process adaptable for a variety of adhesive and tackifier resins
- Process increases stability, hardness and conductivity of high-melting-point calcium boride
- Makes calcium boride readily available for manufacturing processes in many industries