- Ph. D. Condensed Matter Physics, Brown University, 2005–2011
- B. Sc. Physics, Nanjing University, China, 2001–2005
- Scientist, Argonne National Laboratory, 2018–Present
- Research Scientist, University of California, Berkeley, 2016–2017
- Postdoc Associate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2012–2015
- Quantum photonics and plasmonics
- Topological materials and excitations
- Single-electron qubits
- Few-phonon optomechanics
- Superconductivity and superfluidity
- Nano-fabrication and characterization
- Cryogenic high-vacuum system design and operation
- Electron transport measurement
- Microwave small-signal detection
- Scanning near-field optical microscopy
- Electron energy-loss spectroscopy
- Picosecond pump-probe measurement
- Micro-Raman and fluorescence measurement
- Real-time density-functional calculation
- Electrodynamic simulation
- D. Jin*, T. Christensen*, M. Soljacic, N. X. Fang, L. Lu, and X. Zhang, “Infrared Topological Plasmon in Graphene”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 245301 (2017) – Selected as Editor’s Suggestions.
- Q. Hu, D. Jin†, J. Xiao, S. H. Nam, X. Liu, Y. Liu, X. Zhang, and N. X. Fang†, “Ultrafast fluorescent decay induced by metal-mediated dipole-dipole interaction in two-dimensional molecular aggregates”, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 114, 10017 (2017) – Featured in MIT News.
- D. Jin, L. Lu, Z. Wang, C. Fang, J. D. Joannopoulos, M. Soljacic, L. Fu, and N. X. Fang, “Topological Magnetoplasmon”, Nat. Commun. 7, 13486 (2016).
- D. Jin, Q. Hu, D. Neuhauser, F. von Cube, Y. Yang, R. Sachan, T. S. Luk, D. C. Bell, and N. X. Fang, “Quantum-Spillover Enhanced Plasmonic Absorption at the Interface of Silver and High-Index Dielectrics”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 193901 (2015) – Featured in MIT News.
- D. Jin, A. Kumar, K. H. Fung, J. Xu, N. X. Fang, “Terahertz Plasmonics in Ferroelectric-Gated Graphene”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 102, 201118 (2013) – Featured in MIT News.
- D. Jin and W. Guo, “Vortex Nucleation Induced Phonon Radiation from a Moving Electron Bubble in Superfluid Helium-4”, Phys. Rev. B 82, 094524 (2010).
- D. Jin, W. Guo, W. Wei, and H. J. Maris, “Electrons in Superfluid Helium-4”, J. Low Temp. Phys. 158, 307 (2010) – Selected as QFS 2009 Conference Brochure Cover.
- W. Guo, D. Jin, G. M. Seidel, and H. J. Maris, “Experiments with Single Electrons in Liquid Helium”, Phys. Rev. B 79, 054515 (2009) – Selected as APS Viewpoint in Physics.