Postdoctoral Appointee (Supervisor, Maria Chan)
- Ph. D. Engineering Materials, University of Windsor, Canada
- M. Sc. Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- B. Sc. Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Atomistic modeling of materials phenomena for energy storage, photovoltaics, mechano-chemistry, tribology and catalysis.
- Computational materials design using machine learning, image analysis and informatics approaches.
- Computational method development for correlating experimental observations with theoretical predictions.
- F. G. Sen, A. Kinaci, B. Narayanan, S. K. Gray, M. J. Davis, S. K. R. S. Sankaranarayanan, M. K. Y. Chan, "Towards accurate prediction of catalytic activity in IrO2 nanoclusters via first principles-based variable charge force field", Journal of Materials Chemistry A 3 (2015) 18970.
- F.G. Sen, Y. Qi, A. C. T. Van Duin, A. T. Alpas, "Oxidation-assisted ductility in aluminum nanowires", Nature Communications 5 (2014) 3959.
- F.G. Sen, Y. Qi, A. T. Alpas, "Anchoring Pt on graphene using metallic adatoms: A first principles investigation", Journal of Physics Condensed Matter 24 (2012) 225003. Featured as "IOP Select".
- F. G. Sen, Y. Qi, A. T. Alpas, "Material transfer mechanisms between aluminum and fluorinated carbon interfaces", Acta Materialia 59 (2011) 2601.
- F. G. Sen, Y. Qi, A. T. Alpas, "Surface stability and electronic structure of hydrogen and fluorine terminated diamond surfaces: a first principles investigation", Journal of Materials Research 24 (2009) 2461. Featured as "Outstanding Symposium Paper".
- F.G. Sen, M. K. Aydinol, "Atomistic simulation of self-diffusion in Al and Al Alloys under electromigration conditions", Journal of Applied Physics 104 (2008) 073510.