- Ph.D. University of Hamburg
- Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies, Sandia National Laboratories, 2015-2016
- Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies, Los Alamos National Laboratories, 2012-2015
- Quantum optics of semiconductor nanomaterials
- Temperature dependent single molecule/particle optical spectroscopy and imaging
- Plasmonic and dielectric metamaterials; nanophotonics and nano-optics
- Biological imaging and sensing; small molecule delivery
Selected Recent Papers
- O. Wolf, A. A. Allerman, X. Ma, J. R. Wendt, A. Y. Song, E. A. Shaner, and I. Brener, "Enhanced optical nonlinearities in the near-infrared using III-nitride heterostructures coupled to metamaterials," Appl. Phys. Lett. 107, 151108 (2015).
- X. Ma, J. K. S. Doorn, N. F. Hartmann, S. K. Doorn, and H. Htoon, "Solid-state approach for fabrication of photostable, oxygen-doped carbon nanotubes," Adv. Funct. Mater. 25, 6157 (2015).
- X. Ma, N. F. Hartmann, J. K. S. Baldwin, S. K. Doorn, and H. Htoon, "Room-temperature single-photon generation from solitary dopants of carbon nanotubes," Nat. Nanotechnol. 10, 671 (2015).
- X. Ma, O. Roslyak, J. G. Duque, X. Pang, S. K. Doorn, A. Piryatinski, D. H. Dunlap, and H. Htoon, "Influences of exciton diffusion and exciton-exciton annihilation on photon emission statistics of carbon nanotubes," Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 017401 (2015).
- X. Ma, L. Adamska, H. Yamaguchi, S. E. Yalcin, S. Tretiak, S. K. Doorn, and H. Htoon, "Electronic structure and chemical nature of oxygen dopant states in carbon nanotubes," ACS Nano 8, 10782 (2014).
- X. Ma, O. Roslyak, F. Wang, J. G. Duque, A. Piryatinski, S. K. Doorn, and H. Htoon, "Influence of exciton dimensionality on spectral diffusion of single-walled carbon nanotubes," ACS Nano 8, 10613 (2014).
- J. Yoo, X. Ma, W. Tang, and G.-C. Yi, "Metal-lined semiconductor nanotubes for surface plasmon-mediated luminescence enhancement," Nano Lett. 13, 2134 (2013).