Before performing work at the CNM, you must take orientation and safety training courses. We encourage you to take these courses remotely before you arrive at Argonne.
- Go to the Remote Training website.
- Enter your Argonne badge number, generated through the registration system.
- Locate the “CNM Facility Core Courses” section and follow the links to the courses.
For your information the CNM core courses are:
- CNM 101: Center for Nanoscale Materials User Orientation (2-year training interval)
- ESH 100U: Argonne National Laboratory User Facility Orientation (2-year training interval)*
- ESH 223U: Cybersecurity Annual Education and Awareness (1-year training interval)*
- ESH 590: Engineered Nanomaterials Orientation (one-time course)
Users of the electron microscopy facilities in buildings 212 or 216 also need:
- NST212216 Orientation for CNM User Work in Buildings 212 and 216.
* Argonne employees need SEC101, ESH1000 and ESH223.
Note: Users who will not visit CNM in person (“remote users”) need take only one course: ESH 223U: Cybersecurity Annual Education and Awareness.