Proposal Process in Brief
The international scientific community can perform research at the CNM through a general user access program. Proposals are submitted through a online proposal system. Proposals are peer-reviewed, rated, and time is allocated on the basis of these reviews by appropriate allocation committees.
How to Submit a Proposal
- You must register online through the User Facility Registration System.
- Study the CNM Research Groups and identify the capabilities you plan to use.
- Consult the appropriate CNM Staff. They can help you understand the CNM’s capabilities and provide guidance in writing proposals.
- Review the link User Access Program for guidance.
- Download a proposal sample for demonstration purposes only.
- Log on to the Online User Proposal System.
- Submit your proposal by filling out the various proposal sections online.
The proposal submission, review, and allocation cycle occurs three times a year (roughly in March, July, and October), in synch with the Advanced Photon Source (APS) run cycles.
After You Complete Your Research
Complete the U.S. Department of Energy mandated End-of-Experiment Survey.