Science Careers in Search of Women
Argonne Education, in conjunction with Women in Science and Technology, offer female high school students an extraordinary opportunity to explore the world of STEM research at Science Careers in Search of Women. The conference provides participants with the unique opportunity to explore their desired profession or area of interest through interaction with Argonne’s world-class women scientists and engineers.
Participants can expect to:
- meet over 50 different scientists and engineers
- participate in motivational presentations
- contribute in career panel discussions
- tour multiple science and engineering facilities across the lab
- have lunch with a Scientist or Engineer
- engage with working professionals at the career booth exhibit
- discuss research posters presented by scientists and engineers
- complete individual career and leadership assessment
Come explore your future at Science Careers in Search of Women!
- One Teacher/School Official will fill out the entire registration form for their school and selected students
- Suburban schools can register up to 6 high school girls, CPS schools can register up to 10 high school girls
The selection process will be determined on a first come first serve basis.
Applications received after the deadline will be considered on space availablility.
Notification of those selected to attend will be sent via e-mail.
Registration for 2017's Science Careers in Search of Women Conference is closed.