Ready Set Race! Surburban Electric Car Competition
Each year 20 middle school teams from the suburbs of Chicago compete for the title of fastest car in the Suburban Electric Car Competition. Cars are judged on speed by competing in multiple heats with the best time advancing to the final heat. Cars are also evaluated on their overall creative design.
This competition is generously hosted at the corporate headquarters of CNH Industrial in Burr Ridge, Illinois. Through this partnership, teams get access to a real research and development design facility and opportunities to meet and discuss car design strategies with both CNH designers and engineers.
To learn more about the competition, materials and rules, download the official 2018 handbook.
- Teams must be comprised of 3-5 middle school (6th-8th grade) students from the same school
- School may NOT be located in the City of Chicago
- Coach must be a teacher or adminstrator of the school
- Only one team per school allowed to compete
- Teams selected on first come first serve basis