The 2013 Volt is an extended range electric vehicle (EREV) released by General Motors for the model year of 2011. The Volt is equipped with a 16 kWh lithium ion battery, which powers two AC motors: one 111kW traction motor and one 55 kW motor/generator. During charge sustaining operation, a 1.4L gasoline engine powers the 55 kW motor/ generator as a series hybrid design. For the model year 2013 the Volt saw several minor changes leading to an increase in electric only driving range.
- Extended range electric vehicle
- E-CVT power split drivetrain
- 16 kWh Lithium- ion battery
- 1.4L inline 4 cylinder for range extending operation
- One 111 kW permanent magnet traction motor, one 55 kW motor/ generator