The Postdoctoral Research and Career Symposium is an annual event that showcases the research of postdoctoral researchers and advanced graduate students:
- Keynote Speaker: Peter Fiske, Director, Water Energy Resilience Research Institute, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Postdoc research poster presentations
- Career-themed programming
- Networking with company representatives
Argonne’s postdoctoral program draws top talent from virtually every science and engineering discipline, including mathematics and computer sciences, and gives Ph.D. scientists and engineers an excellent opportunity to kickstart their careers. With close to 300 postdoctoral researchers at various stages of their appointments, Argonne offers a unique opportunity for our partners in industry, government and academia to collaborate and connect with the next generation of innovators.
A nominal fee of $200 is requested for company participants. This fee includes:
- Exhibit booth space for up to two representatives
- Networking lunch with symposium attendees
- Resume file of participating postdoctoral researchers and graduate students
- Space for onsite interviews
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
“…pleasantly surprised by the networking opportunities…” - past company attendee
“Postdocs are really enthusiastic and energetic. Great to see a range of talent.” - past company attendee
“The highlight for me was the opportunity to network with possible future employers and learn what qualities they desire most in their hires.”
“The networking lunch was the most rewarding part of the symposium, for me. I was able to make several connections, determine my position in the field as it stands, and what I might do to improve this position.” - past postdoc attendee