- 18 years or older at the time the appointment begins;
- Cumulative minimum grade point average 2.8 on a 4.0 scale;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Approved Research Aide verification form emailed to email@example.com;
- Satisfactory background check; and
- Pass a screening drug test which Argonne pays for.
Research Aides receive a salary and under certain conditions, travel reimbursement. Salaries are competitive and are based upon the field of study and academic year status of the student. Travel will only be paid for students whose permanent addresses are more than fifty miles away from Argonne. Transportation expenses will be reimbursed on the basis of the most direct route, current government mileage rate or lowest commercial airfare (if travel by air). Travel must be arranged by Argonne.
Students are responsible for securing and funding their own housing.
Fall and Spring appointments are rolling and students are selected from the current application pool.
Summer appointments tend to be the most desired and therefore have an application deadline of February 1, 2018. Students in the application pool by February 1, 2018 will be considered for Summer 2018. Students in the application pool after February 1, 2018 will have the choice to select available appointments for Fall 2018 or Spring 2019.
Please note: Use of marijuana/cannabis or its derivatives if prescribed is legal in some states in the United States and is legally used recreationally in some other countries. Having these drugs in your system is NOT legal at United States Federal Contractor sites such as Argonne National Laboratory.