Application Deadline: To receive full consideration, applications should be received by January 15; the application deadline is March 1.
Candidates must be currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program in applied mathematics, computer science, computational science, statistics, or a related field at a U.S. university. Givens Associates will work actively with researchers in the Mathematics and Computer Science division designing, analyzing, and implementing numerical algorithms in areas such as:
- State-of-the-art techniques — including automatic differentiation, data analytics, machine learning, numerical optimization, and performance tuning — that advance the field of scientific computing and lay the groundwork for new scientific insights.
- New approaches to mathematical modeling and numerical simulations to study multiphysics, multiscale phenomena focusing on PDE and ODE solvers, discretizations, uncertainty quantification, and stochastic approaches.
- Incorporation of new numerical methods into portable, high-performance software, and testing of that software in large-scale data-driven and simulation-based studies of interest to the scientific community.
Current interests at Argonne in applied mathematics, numerical software, and statistics are described here.
- Appointments are for 10 to 14 summer weeks.
- U.S. citizenship/permanent residency is not required.
How to Apply:
- Please complete the application found here: https://argonne.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/EDU_PUB/job/Givens-Associates_411569
- The application requires the following components:
- Your current CV.
- Contact information for letters of recommendation (at least two).
- Contact information for your academic advisor for proof of enrollment.
For questions about Givens Associates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.