Environment, Safety & Health
The ABC’s of HEP Division Safety
A. Job and Hazard Questionnaires (JHQ) are generated to identify environment, safety and health training requirements related to an individual's job at Argonne and thus creates an employee training profile. To view your Training Profile, log in through the Training Management System (TMS). Click the “Current JHQ” tab to view your current responses and the buttons on the left menu to switch between JHQ sections.
B. The Training Management System (TMS) was designed to identify training needs on the basis of workplace hazards and responsibilities. When reviewing your job hazard questionnaire, the Course-Question Relationships can aid your understanding about the training courses the are required based on the answers that you provide on your JHQ. All ANL training courses result from answers provided on your JHQ.
C. Work Planning and Control (WPC) is the use of systematic methods to identify and control risks, and initiated at the earliest stages of work proposal and remains in effect through all subsequent phases of work. The system provides electronic notification and approval for Work Planning and Control documents. You will need to log in using your ANL domain username and password for access. If you are uncertain about your WPC needs regarding your work, discuss the work activity with your group leader and/or contact Leon Reed your Division ES&H coordinator.
When an incident occurs, take one of the following actions:
A. If the incident is an emergency:
- On-site from an Argonne land line, call 9-1-1
- On-site from a cell phone, call 630-252-1911
- Off-site, call the location-specific 9-1-1
B. If the incident involves injury and not an emergency, follow the steps below:
- Use a bandage for self-treatment, if appropriate
- If computer access is readily available, complete and submit the incident notification web form within one hour of stabilizing the injury/illness, regardless of the day or time.
- If computer access is not readily available, call the incident reporting hotline at 8-1-1 from any Argonne phone or 630-252-1811 from a cell phone or outside line to report the incident within one hour of stabilizing the injury/illness, regardless of the day or time. The hotline is staffed from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday-Friday; after hours, follow the voicemail instructions
Office Safety Checklist - Office occupants are responsible for reviwing office safety checklist monthly.
HEP Local WPC, September 2016