Dr. Evan L. Thomas is a chemist in the Heavy Elements Group in the Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division at Argonne National Laboratory. He specializes in the synthesis and characterization of highly-correlated and advanced functional materials, with an emphasis on understanding structure-property relationships.
- 2007-2009: NRC Postdoctoral Researcher, Ceramics Division, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- 2006: Ph.D., Chemistry, Louisiana State University
- 2002: B.S., Chemistry, Southern University and A&M College
- 2016-2019: Principal Scientist & Team Lead, Lumenari, Inc.
- 2009-2016: Materials Scientist, University of Dayton Research Institute (UDRI) - Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
- U.S. Patent No. 10236422: Nordsell, R.; Thomas, E.; Go, Y.B; Baroudi, K; Melman, J.; Xie, Yuming; “Phosphors with Narrow Green Emission” March 19, 2019.
- U.S Patent No. 10177287: Melman, J.; Nordsell, R.; Baroudi, K; Go, Y.B; Bretschneider, E.; Thomas, A.C.; Thomas, E.; “Gamut Broadened Displays with Narrow Band Green Phosphors” January 8, 2019.
- U.S. Patent No. 10056530: Melman, J.; Nordsell, R.; Baroudi, K; Thomas, E.; Go, Y.B; “Phosphor-converted White Light Emitting Diodes having Narrow-band Green Phosphors” August 21, 2018.
- U.S. Patent No. 10017396: Thomas, E.; Baroudi, K; Go, Y.B; Nordsell, R.; Melman, J.; “Phosphors with Narrow Green Emission” July 10, 2018.