Postdoctoral Appointee (Supervisor, Dr. Daniel Lopez)
Haogang Cai received his Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Columbia University in 2016. His thesis work was on nanofabricated single-molecule platforms for mechanobiology studies. After postdoctoral research in Biological Sciences at Columbia University, he joined the Center for Nanoscale Materials at Argonne National Laboratory as a postdoctoral appointee. In the Nanofabrication and Devices Group, his research is focused on metasurface-based planar optics for the visible light.
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Columbia University, 2016.
Metasurfaces, nanophotonics, nanobiotechnology, mechanobiology, nanofabrication, micro/nanoelectromechanical systems (MEMS/NEMS).
- H. Cai, D. Czaplewski, K. Ogando, A. Martinson, D. Gosztola, L. Stan, D. López. Ultrathin transmissive metasurface for multiwavelength optics in the visible. Applied Physics Letters, 114, 071106 (2019).
- R. Changede, H. Cai, S. J. Wind, M. P. Sheetz. Integrin nanoclusters can bridge thin matrix fibres to form cell–matrix adhesions. Nature Materials (2019).
- H. Cai, J. Muller, D. Depoil, V. Mayya, M. L. Dustin, M. P. Sheetz, S. J. Wind. Full control of ligand positioning reveals spatial thresholds for T cell receptor triggering. Nature Nanotechnology, 13, 610 (2018).
- H. Cai, D. Depoil, J. Muller, M. P. Sheetz, M. L. Dustin, S. J. Wind. Spatial control of biological ligands on surfaces applied to T cell activation. Book chapter in The Immune Synapse. Methods in Molecular Biology. Humana Press: New York, NY, 1584, 307 (2017).
- H. Cai, H. Wolfenson, D. Depoil, M. L. Dustin, M. P. Sheetz, S. J. Wind. Molecular occupancy of nanodot arrays. ACS Nano, 10, 4173 (2016).
- H. Cai, S. J. Wind. Improved glass surface passivation for single-molecule nanoarrays. Langmuir, 32, 10034 (2016).
- H. Cai, D. Depoil, M. Palma, M. L. Dustin, M. P. Sheetz, S. J. Wind. Bifunctional nanoarrays for probing the immune response at the single-molecule level. Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, 31, 6F902 (2013).
- H. Cai, Z. Yang, G. Ding, H. Wang. Development of a novel MEMS inertial switch with a compliant stationary electrode. IEEE Sensors Journal, 9, 801 (2009).
- H. Cai, G. Ding, Z. Yang, Z. Su, J. Zhou, H. Wang. Design, simulation and fabrication of a novel contact-enhanced MEMS inertial switch with a movable contact point. Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 18, 115033 (2008).