Jaeyoung Cho is a postdoctoral researcher in Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division. His research interest is on the theoretical and data-driven approaches to the combustion chemistry of alternative fuels.
Theoretical analysis on the combustion characteristics of fuels based on electronic structure theory
- Calculation on the energetics for low- to high-temperature chemistry of fuels using G4 composite method.
- Discovering the fuel structure with favorable combustion characteristics in advanced internal combustion (IC) engine
Data-driven approach for predicting the combustion characteristics of fuels based on the molecular structure
- Development of the artificial intelligence model for combustion properties prediction
- Application of the model for a prediction of combustion chemistry from arbitrary molecules
Education and Experience
- Postdoctoral Researcher, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, 2020-2021
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University, 2020
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University, 2014
J. Cho and H.H. Song, “Dimensionless Parameters Determining the Effect of Dilution on Ignition Delay of Syngas and Hydrocarbon Fuels,” Combustion and Flame, Vol 213, pp 279-290, 2020.
J. Cho and H.H. Song, “Development of Knock Prediction Model for a Spark-Ignition Engine with Gasoline-Ethanol-nButanol Blend Fuel by Using Rapid Compression Machine,” SAE Technical Papers, 2019-24-0125, 2020.
J. Cho and H.H. Song, “Understanding the Effect of Inhomogeneous Fuel – Air Mixing on Knocking Characteristics of Various Ethanol Reference Fuels with RON 100 Using Rapid Compression Machine”, Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, Vol 37, Issue 4, pp 4911-4919, 2019.
J. Cho and H.H. Song, “Understanding the Effect of Inhomogeneous Mixing on Knocking Characteristics of Iso-octane by Using Rapid Compression Machine,” SAE International Journal of Engines, Vol 11, Issue 6, 2019.
J. Cho, Y. Kim, J. Song, T.K. Lee and H.H. Song, “Design of Dynamic Plant Model and Model-based Controller for a Heat Recovery System with a Swirling Flow Incinerator,” Energy, Vol 147, pp 1016-1029, 2018.
J. Cho and H.H. Song, “Understanding the Effect of External-EGR on Anti-knock Characteristics of Various Ethanol Reference Fuel with RON 100 by Using Rapid Compression Machine”, Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, Vol 36, Issue 3, pp 3507-3517, 2017.