Jiahang Shao works at the Argonne Wakefield Accelerator facility (AWA). His research topics include structure and accelerating scheme R&D for beam-driven structure-based wakefield acceleration, rf breakdown in high gradient accelerating structures, and field emission. He is also working with collaborators on high brightness field emission/photoemission cathode research on the Argonne Cathode Test-stand.
Jiahang Shao received his PhD from Tsinghua University, China, in 2016. He was a visiting student at the AWA group from 2013-2015. He joined the AWA group as a postdoctoral appointee in 2016.
- 09/2007-07/2011 Bachelor, Department of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing
- 09/2011-07/2016 Ph.D., Department of Engineering Physics, Tsinghua University, Beijing
- 09/2013-08/2015 Visiting Scholar, High Energy Physics, Argonne National Laboratory
- 10/2016-10/2019, Postdoctoral Appointee, High Energy Physics, Argonne National Laboratory
- 10/2019-present, Physics 2, High Energy Physics, Argonne National Laboratory