Jonghoon Ahn received his B.S. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Yonsei University, South Korea in 2014. He continued to earn his PhD in the same major in 2020 at Purdue University where he worked in the Tongcang Li group with primary focus on levitated optomechanics and studies of solid-state spins and quantum emitters. Following his graduation, Jonghoon joined the Quantum Materials group at the Argonne National Laboratory.
Jonghoon’s current research is focused on quantum frequency conversion for remote entanglement of solid-state spins and the development of quantum networking experiments associated with the Chicago metropolitan optical fiber network.
- Gao, X., Pandey, S., Kianinia, M., Ahn, J., Ju, P., Aharonovich, I., Shivaram, N., & Li, T. (2021). Femtosecond Laser Writing of Spin Defects in Hexagonal Boron Nitride. ACS Photonics, 8(4), 994-1000.
- Ahn, J., Xu, Z., Bang, J., Ju, P., Gao, X., & Li, T. (2020). Ultrasensitive torque detection with an optically levitated nanorotor. Nature nanotechnology, 15(2), 89-93.
- Ahn, J., Xu, Z., Bang, J., Deng, Y.-H., Hoang, T. M., Han, Q., Ma, R.-M., & Li, T. (2018). Optically Levitated Nanodumbbell Torsion Balance and GHz Nanomechanical Rotor. Physical Review Letters, 121(3), 033603.
- Ahn, J., Xu, Z., Bang, J., Allcca, A. E. L., Chen, Y. P., & Li, T. (2018). Stable emission and fast optical modulation of quantum emitters in boron nitride nanotubes. Optics Letters, 43(15), 3778-3781.
- Hoang, T. M., Ma, Y., Ahn, J., Bang, J., Robicheaux, F., Yin, Z.-Q., & Li, T. (2016). Torsional Optomechanics of a Levitated Nonspherical Nanoparticle. Physical Review Letters, 117(12), 123604.
- Hoang, T. M., Ahn, J., Bang, J., & Li, T. (2016). Electron spin control of optically levitated nanodiamonds in vacuum. Nature Communications, 7(1), 12250.