- Ph.D. in Material Science and Chemical Engineering, Stony Brook University, 2020
- M.S. in Polymer Chemistry and Physics, University of Science and Technology of China, 2016
- B.S. in Polymer Science and Engineering, Hefei University of Technology, 2013
- Wang, Lei, David W. Shaffer, Gerald F. Manbeck, Dmitry E. Polyansky, and Javier J. Concepcion. “High-Redox-Potential Chromophores for Visible-Light-Driven Water Oxidation at Low pH.” ACS Catalysis 10, no. 1 (2019): 580-585.
- Wang, Lei, Dmitry E. Polyansky, and Javier J. Concepcion. “Self-assembled bilayers as an anchoring strategy: catalysts, chromophores, and chromophore-catalyst assemblies.” Journal of the American Chemical Society 141, no. 20 (2019): 8020-8024.
- Wang, Lei, Danhua Yan, David W. Shaffer, Xinyi Ye, Bobby H. Layne, Javier J. Concepcion, Mingzhao Liu, and Chang-Yong Nam. “Improved Stability and Performance of Visible Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting on Solution-Processed Organic Semiconductor Thin Films by Ultrathin Metal Oxide Passivation.” Chemistry of Materials 30, no. 2 (2018): 324-335.