Extensive experience on designing, synthesis, and characterization of multilayered structures of metal, complex-oxide films, and multifunctional nanocomposites using physical vapor deposition techniques (sputtering, ion beam assisted deposition (IBAD), e-beam evaporation) and atomic layer deposition (ALD).
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of New Mexico.
- B.S. Physics, University of Bucharest, Romania
- Design and development of functional structures incorporating ferroelectric and piezoelectric thin films for device fabrication and processing-microstructure-property relationship studies.
- Synthesis and characterization of heterostructures and metamaterials for photonic applications.
- Epitaxial growth of complex oxide films using off-axis sputtering.
- Synthesis of dielectric materials using ALD and their applications to nanoscale devices.