Martin Suchara is a computational scientist at Argonne National Laboratory with expertise in quantum computing. His research focuses on quantum communication and networking, quantum error correction, quantum simulations, and optimizations of the quantum computing software stack. Prior to joining Argonne Martin worked at AT&T Labs and received postdoctoral training in quantum computing from UC Berkeley and the IBM T. J. Watson Research Center. Martin received his Ph.D. from the Department of Computer Science at Princeton University.
News: We are hiring! Strong postdoctoral and summer student candidates interested quantum computing and quantum communication are encouraged to send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about quantum information science research at Argonne, visit the new website of the quantum computing group.
- X. Wu, J. Chung, A. Kolar, E. Wang, T. Zhong, R. Kettimuthu and M. Suchara, “Simulations of Photonic Quantum Networks for Performance Analysis and Experiment Design.” In the PHOTONICS workshop, colocated with SC19, 2019.
- P. Gokhale, O. Angiuli, Y. Ding, K. Gui, T. Tomesh, M. Suchara, M. Martonosi and F. Chong, “Minimizing State Preparations in Variational Quantum Eigensolver by Partitioning into Commuting Families.” Available as arXiv:1907.13623, 2019.
- M. Suchara, Y. Alexeev, F. Chong, H. Finkel, H. Hoffmann, J. Larson, J. Osborn, and G. Smith, “Hybrid Quantum-Classical Computing Architectures.” In The 3rd International Workshop on Post-Moore Era Supercomputing, colocated with SC18, 2018.
- M. Suchara, A. Cross and J. Gambetta, “Leakage Suppression in the Toric Code.” Quantum Information and Computation, Vol. 15, No. 11 & 12, pp. 0997-1016, 2015.
- S. Bravyi, M. Suchara and A. Vargo, “Efficient Algorithms for Maximum Likelihood Decoding in the Surface Code.” Physical Review A 90, 032326, 2014.
- M. Suchara, A. Faruque, C. Lai, G. Paz, F. Chong and J. Kubiatowicz, “Comparing the Overhead of Topological and Concatenated Quantum Error Correction.” Available as arXiv 1312.2316, 2013.
- M. Suchara, A. Faruque, C. Lai, G. Paz, F. Chong and J. Kubiatowicz, “QuRE: The Quantum Resource Estimator Toolbox.” In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Design, 2013.
- C. Lai, G. Paz, M. Suchara and T. Brun, “Performance and Error Analysis of Knill’s Postselection Scheme in a Two-Dimensional Architecture.” Quantum Information and Computation, Vol. 14, No. 9 & 10, pp. 807-822, 2014.
- S. Bravyi, G. Duclos-Cianci, D. Poulin and M. Suchara, “Subsystem Surface Codes with Three-Qubit Check Operators.” Quantum Information and Computation, Vol. 13, No. 11 & 12, pp. 0963, 2013.
- M. Suchara, S. Bravyi and B. Terhal, “Construction and Noise Threshold of Topological Subsystem Codes.” Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, Vol. 44, Issue 15, pp. 155301, 2011. Paper included in the Highlights of 2011 Collection.