Martin Suchara is a Computational Scientist at Argonne National Laboratory with expertise in quantum computing. His research focuses on quantum communication and networking, quantum error correction, quantum simulations, and making quantum computation more efficient and reliable. Prior to joining Argonne Martin worked at AT&T Labs and received postdoctoral training in quantum computing from UC Berkeley and the IBM T. J. Watson Research Center. Martin received his PhD from the Computer Science department at Princeton University.
News: We are hiring! Postdoctoral scholar and summer student candidates interested in quantum computing can contact the project lead Martin Suchara at email@example.com. The postdoctoral position advertisement is available here: http://martinsuchara.com/opportunities/PostdocPositions.pdf.
To learn more about research in quantum computing at Argonne visit the new website of the quantum computing group.
- M. Suchara, Y. Alexeev, F. Chong, H. Finkel, H. Hoffmann, J. Larson, J. Osborn, and G. Smith, “Hybrid Quantum-Classical Computing Architectures”. In The 3rd International Workshop on Post-Moore Era Supercomputing, November 2018.
- M. Suchara, A. Cross and J. Gambetta, “Leakage Suppression in the Toric Code”. In Quantum Information and Computation, Vol. 15, No. 11 & 12, pp. 0997-1016, 2015. Also available as arXiv 1410.8562 and as a conference paper in the Proceedings of IEEE ISIT, June 2015.
- S. Bravyi, M. Suchara and A. Vargo, “Efficient Algorithms for Maximum Likelihood Decoding in the Surface Code”. In Physical Review A 90, 032326, 2014. Also available as arXiv 1405.4883.
- M. Suchara, A. Faruque, C. Lai, G. Paz, F. Chong and J. Kubiatowicz, “Comparing the Overhead of Topological and Concatenated Quantum Error Correction”. Preprint available as arXiv 1312.2316.
- M. Suchara, A. Faruque, C. Lai, G. Paz, F. Chong and J. Kubiatowicz, “QuRE: The Quantum Resource Estimator Toolbox”. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Design, 2013.
- C. Lai, G. Paz, M. Suchara and T. Brun, “Performance and Error Analysis of Knill’s Postselection Scheme in a Two-Dimensional Architecture”. In Quantum Information and Computation, Vol. 14, No. 9 & 10, pp. 807-822, 2014.
- M. Suchara, A. Faruque, C. Lai, G. Paz, F. Chong and J. Kubiatowicz, “Estimating the Resources for Quantum Computation with the QuRE Toolbox”. UC Berkeley Technical Report UCB/EECS-2013-119, 2013.
- S. Bravyi, G. Duclos-Cianci, D. Poulin and M. Suchara, “Subsystem Surface Codes with Three-Qubit Check Operators”. In Quantum Information and Computation, Vol. 13, No. 11 & 12, pp. 0963, 2013.
- M. Suchara, S. Bravyi and B. Terhal, “Construction and Noise Threshold of Topological Subsystem Codes”. In Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, Vol. 44, Issue 15, pp. 155301, 2011. Paper included in the Highlights of 2011 Collection.