Martin Suchara is a computational scientist at Argonne National Laboratory with expertise in quantum computing. His research focuses on quantum communication and networking, quantum error correction, quantum simulations, and optimizations of the quantum computing software stack. Martin is the leader of the Simulation & Systems Thrust of the Q-NEXT National Quantum Information Science Research Center. Prior to joining Argonne Martin worked at AT&T Labs and received postdoctoral training in quantum computing from UC Berkeley and IBM Research. Martin received Ph.D. in Computer Science from Princeton University.
News: We are hiring! Strong postdoctoral and summer student candidates interested in quantum computing and quantum communication are encouraged to send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prospective Ph.D. students please apply here.
To learn more about quantum information science research at Argonne, visit the new website of the quantum computing group.
- P. Gokhale, O. Angiuli, Y. Ding, K. Gui, T. Tomesh, M. Suchara, M. Martonosi and F. Chong, “Optimization of Simultaneous Measurement for Variational Quantum Eigensolver Applications.” In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Quantum Computing and Engineering - QCE20, 2020. Winner of the Best Paper Award.
- P. Gokhale, O. Angiuli, Y. Ding, K. Gui, T. Tomesh, M. Suchara, M. Martonosi and F. Chong, “Minimizing State Preparations in Variational Quantum Eigensolver by Partitioning into Commuting Families.” Available as arXiv:1907.13623, 2019. Winner of the IBM Q Best Paper Award.
- X. Wu, J. Chung, A. Kolar, E. Wang, T. Zhong, R. Kettimuthu and M. Suchara, “Simulations of Photonic Quantum Networks for Performance Analysis and Experiment Design.” In Proceedings of the PHOTONICS workshop, colocated with SC19, 2019.
- M. Suchara, Y. Alexeev, F. Chong, H. Finkel, H. Hoffmann, J. Larson, J. Osborn, and G. Smith, “Hybrid Quantum-Classical Computing Architectures.” In Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Post-Moore Era Supercomputing, colocated with SC18, 2018.
- M. Suchara, A. Cross and J. Gambetta, “Leakage Suppression in the Toric Code.” Quantum Information and Computation, Vol. 15, No. 11 & 12, pp. 0997-1016, 2015.
- S. Bravyi, M. Suchara and A. Vargo, “Efficient Algorithms for Maximum Likelihood Decoding in the Surface Code.” Physical Review A 90, Vol. 90, No. 3, pp. 032326, 2014.
- S. Bravyi, G. Duclos-Cianci, D. Poulin and M. Suchara, “Subsystem Surface Codes with Three-Qubit Check Operators.” Quantum Information and Computation, Vol. 13, No. 11 & 12, pp. 0963, 2013.
- M. Suchara, A. Faruque, C. Lai, G. Paz, F. Chong and J. Kubiatowicz, “QuRE: The Quantum Resource Estimator Toolbox.” In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Design, 2013.
- M. Suchara, S. Bravyi and B. Terhal, “Construction and Noise Threshold of Topological Subsystem Codes.” Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, Vol. 44, Issue 15, pp. 155301, 2011. Paper included in the Highlights of 2011 Collection.
- M. Suchara, D. Xu, R. Doverspike, D. Johnson and J. Rexford, “Network Architecture for Joint Failure Recovery and Traffic Engineering.” In Proceedings of ACM SIGMETRICS, 2011. Winner of the Best Student Paper Award.