Pavan Balaji received his Ph.D. in computer science engineering from Ohio State University. After a postdoctoral position, he joined the MCS Division at Argonne as an assistant computer scientist in 2008. He currently is a computer scientist and heads the Programming Models and Runtime Systems group.
Balaji is the recipient of several awards including the IEEE TCSC Award for Excellence in Scalable Computing (Middle Career) in 2015, U.S. Department of Energy Early Career award in 2012, TEDxMidwest Emerging Leader award in 2013, and Crain’s Chicago 40 under 40 award in 2012.
- Parallel Programming Models
- High-speed Networking Systems
- Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Job Scheduling and Resource Management
- Cluster and Grid Computing