Randall Winans and coworkers have developed and applied methods to understand the fundamental chemistry of complex disordered systems, such as catalysts, soot, coals, heavy petroleum, and carbons.
Chemistry is combined with characterization techniques, including mass spectrometry, NMR, and small angle X-ray scattering and spectroscopy.
- Chemistry, B.S., Michigan Technological University, 1971
- Physical Organic Chemistry, Ph.D., Cornell University, 1975
Awards, Honors, and Memberships
- Outstanding Chemistry Alumni, Michigan Tech. University, Academy of Sciences and Arts, 1997
- Henry H. Storch Award in Fuel Science, Exxon and American Chemical Society, 1988
- Editorial Board, American Chemical Society Journal, Energy & Fuels
- Editorial Board, Elsevier Journal, FUEL
- Committee on Science, American Chemical Society, 2006-2009