Sambasiva Bheemireddy is a postdoctoral appointee in the Electrochemical Energy Storage group at Argonne National Laboratory, specializing in the research & development of battery materials for Li-ion and Redox flow batteries. He holds a Ph.D. in Organic chemistry from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale.
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL 2012 - 2017
Advisor: Dr. Kyle N. Plunkett
Dissertation Title: Design, synthesis and characterization of π- conjugated small molecules and polymers by a palladium catalyzed cyclopentannulation strategy.
- M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry, Osmania University, TS, India 2006 - 2008
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Kakatiya University, TS, India 2003 – 2006
- Postdoctoral Appointee, Argonne National Laboratory, Lemont, IL Aug Aug 2019 - Present
- Research Scientist, Nanosyn, Inc., Santa Clara, CA Mar 2019 - Aug 2019
- Scientist, Seeo, Inc. (Subsidiary of Robert Bosch LLC), Hayward, CA Sep 2017 - Mar 2019
- Research Scientist, Maxterial, Inc., Richmond, CA Jun 2017 - Aug 2017
- Research Scholar, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, TS, India Jan 2009 - Jun 2012
- Jr. Patent Analyst, Thomson Reuters, Hyderabad, TS, India July 2008 - Dec 2008
- Midwest Graduate Research Award (ACS) 2016
- Div. of Organic Chemistry (ACS) Graduate Research Symposium 2016
- Div. of Organic Chemistry (ACS) Travel Award 2016
- Gower Summer Research Fellowship, SIU 2016
- Doctoral Graduate Fellowship, SIU 2016
- Graduate Professional Student Council (GPSC) Research Award, SIU 2015
- C. David Schmulbach Graduate Teaching Award, SIU 2015
- Scifinder Future Leaders in Chemistry 2014
- CSIR Research Fellowship 2009-2012
- Bheemireddy, S. R., Zhang, J., Agarwal, G., Shkrob, I., Zhang, L., “Fluorinated Dialkoxyarenes for All-Organic Redox Flow Batteries with High Cycle Life”, Under preparation.
- Bheemireddy, S. R., Yuyue, Z., Zhang, L., “Highly Soluble Non-Aqueous Redox-Anolyte for Redox Flow Batteries with High Stability”, Under preparation.
- Zhao, Y., Yu, Z., Robertson, L. A., Zhang, J., Shi, Z., Bheemireddy, S. R., Shkrob, I. A., Y Z, Li, T., Zhang, Z., Cheng, L., Zhang, L., “ Unexpected electrochemical behavior of an anolyte redoxmer in flow battery electrolytes: solvating cations help to fight against the thermodynamic-kinetic dilemma” J. Mater. Chem. A, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1039/D0TA02214D.
- Bheemireddy, S. R., Hussain, W. A., Uddin, A., Du, Y., Hautzinger, M. P., Kevorkian, P., Petrie, F., and Plunkett, K. N., “Cyclopentannulation and Cyclodehydrogenation of Isomerically Pure Dibrominated Anthradithiophenes leading to Contorted Aromatics”, Chem. Commun., 2018, 54, 14140-14143.
- Bheemireddy, S. R., Hautzinger M. P. and Plunkett, K. N., “Conjugated Ladder Polymers by a Palladium-Catalyzed Cyclopentannulation Polymerization”, J. Am. Chem. Soc, 2017, 139, 16, 5801–5807. Highlighted in Synfacts, 2017, 13, 0695.
- Bheemireddy, S. R., Ubaldo, P.C., Finke, A.D., Wang, L., and Plunkett, K. N., “Contorted Aromatics via a Palladium-Catalyzed Cyclopentannulation Strategy”, J. Mater. Chem. C, 2016, 4, 3963-3969.
- Bheemireddy, S. R. and Plunkett, K. N., “Dicyclopenta[cd,jk]pyrene Based Acceptors in Conjugated Polymers”, Polym. Chem., 2016, 7, 292-296. Highlighted in Polymer Chemistry Editorial Board’s Top Picks.
- Zhu, X., Bheemireddy, S.R., Sambasivarao, S.V., Rose, P.W., Torres Guzman, R., Waltner, A.G., DuBay, K.H., and Plunkett, K.N., “Construction of Donor-Acceptor Polymers via Cyclopentannulation of Poly(arylene ethynylene)s”, Macromolecules, 2016, 49, 127-133. Highlighted in Synfacts, 2016, 12, 0250.
- Bheemireddy, S. R., Ubaldo, P.C., Rose, P.W., Finke, A.D., Zhuang, J., Wang, L. and Plunkett, K. N., “Stabilizing Pentacene By Cyclopentannulation”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 15762 –15766.