Chaitanya’s research focuses on theoretical investigation of materials surfaces and low dimensional materials with applications in electronics, energy storage and catalysis. He uses quantum computational methods, and creates tools, models and algorithms to determine the structure and properties of novel materials.
- BTech and MTech, Mineral engineering and materials technology, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, India
- MS, Materials Science and Engineering, University of Florida
- PhD, Materials science, University of Florida
- Modular software to predict atomistic structure and properties by inversion of experimental data
- STM image simulation software from DFT calculations
- Prediction of structure and properties of 2D materials and grain boundaries
- Design and development of evolutionary algorithm to predict stable surface structures