For organizations with extensive physical infrastructure that is exposed to the elements, current and projected climate trends make it increasingly difficult to anticipate risk, ensure resiliency, and maintain service to customers.
Whether it be a major storm or gradual change in average temperature, climate affects facilities and operations on many levels, costing organizations time, money, and electrical power.
Scientific data tells us these challenges will only grow in complexity. Yet organizations often don’t have access to the necessary resources to make informed decisions regarding climate impact and risk analysis.
What Argonne Delivers
Argonne has the capabilities and expertise to inform your climate-impact decisions:
- World-class supercomputing capabilities
- Enhanced modeling complexity
- Faster processing time
- Hyper-localized climate modeling at the kilometer level that incorporates local data such as topography, land cover, and surface water
- Electrical and infrastructure analysis/modeling
- Decision science, resilience, and risk analysis
- Data products designed to align with business and engineering
The Benefits To Organizations
By collaborating with Argonne National Laboratory, you gain access to information and expertise that enables you to make informed decisions and improve infrastructure and processes. Examples include:
- Evaluation of projected extreme heat and precipitation
- Water temperature and availability implications for facility operations
- Peak demand during heat waves for energy forecasting
- Average temperature projections and the affect these changes will have on an organization
Better climate data and decision support can help you enhance resilience and inform planning. It can also help you take advantage of new business opportunities that arise from a changing climate.